Monday, July 28, 2008

Sisters' Club

Oh, what a week! Last Sunday I gave a mini-talk in Sacrament (They just had me introduce myself and bear my testimony).

Monday we show our last movie for the summer at the library. We did "The Spiderwick Chronicles "(I had read the books, but I hadn't seen the movie, so that was fun). And my favorite kid actor (from August Rush) is in it!

Tuesday night was Sisters' Club. Someone in the Branch Relief Society started it and each month different people take turns hosting. Whoever is hosting gets to pick what they want to do. This month Julie took us all to the new Mexican restaurant in Broussard, called La Hacienda. It was fun! I only got a couple of pictures before my camera died!


Stephanie caught me trying a lemon with salt on it-It was actually really good!
I saw my first barge go down the Bayou on Wednesday.

Then, Thursday night Stephanie hosted a Jewelry Party with Ena. The theme for this one was Sandals and Salas. We had a blast! And, I got my Scentsy order in (a Celestial warmer and 3 wickless candles). I love walking into my apartment now-it smells so good!
Stephanie and Linda Stephanie and Ena

Debbi and I both doing the Jewelry Fashion Show
I'm slowly getting more furniture in my apartment. I got an old microwave from Barbara, a beautiful floor lamp from the Cottons, and the Harvey's are bringing me a couch tonight. People are so kind and generous to me!

Finally, I had a great relaxing weekend. Spent the weekend with the Davis family again (they've just adopted me!). We grilled out steaks and watched some movies.
I hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Have a great week!
Lonnie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooooh I love Mexican food! Looks like you had an awesome week and you're fitting right in down there!