Monday, July 14, 2008

Suprise Visit

Oh, what a week! Monday was Movie Day at the library and I spent the whole day helping Sarah, the Children's Librarian, setup and take down a big blow-up screen, chairs, etc. It was fun! We have an old-fashion carnival popcorn machine and we had popcorn, candy and drinks. We showed the new Nancy Drew movie. They try to do one or two movies a month. Last month they showed High School Musical and Enchanted.

Tuesday, I was at work and I got a call from Ginny, my Director from the Hyrum Library in Utah. She and Mike were in Baton Rouge and they wanted to come take me to dinner! I was so touched that they would go out of their way to come visit me. I wondered what in the world they were doing down south and it turns out that they had been in Arkansas at a Family Reunion. They met me after work and I gave them a tour of the Iberia Parish Library and then we went to dinner at the Little River Inn. It was my first experience with Louisiana Seafood and Cajun food. We had fried oysters, crab fingers, ect. Mike ate Catfish and Ginny and I played it safe-She had steak and shrimp and I had a Cajun Chicken Pasta. It was so fun to talk about Arkansas and places we had both been!

I'm an official Louisianan. I got my car licensed and registered and I got my Louisiana Driver's License on Thursday. Louisiana's Nickname is the Pelican State, and so my License plate has a pelican on it.

I spent the weekend hanging out with Stephanie, my new best friend, who also happens to be the Relief Society President in our LDS Branch. We have just connected over the past couple of weeks and we have so much fun together. Friday night we went to a Jewelry Party and Saturday we went to the movies and saw Will Smith’s new movie Hancock.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Lonnie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh honey it sounds like you are having such a good time. Wow, what pretty pictures, too. It looks gorgeous down there!