Saturday, July 5, 2008

My New Job

Hello to Everyone! Another week has come and gone and I wanted to tell you a little about my new job and share some pictures, of course!

I LOVE my job! I am the Reference/ILL Librarian for the Iberia Parish Library. FYI: a Parish is a County in Louisiana.












I work at the Main Library on Main Street.










The Bayou Teche (pronounced By-u Tesh, Teche meaning "Snake") runs right behind the Library.








Then, there are 61/2 other branches. St. Peter's and Parkview are also in New Iberia, and they are the newest, nicest libraries we have. (Picture is of St Peter's) Then, there is a branch in Jeanerrette, which is about 10 miles east of NI. There is also a branch in Delcambre (pronounced Del-come), which is about 10 miles west of NI. Finally, there are the Lydia, Coteau (pronounced c-oh-toe) and Loreauville branches.

2 comments:

Kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Lonnie,

Loved seeing your pictures and knowing you had a nice holiday. Tedi and I enjoyed Island Park with Dad and the Marbles. Miss you . . .

Mom