Monday, August 4, 2008

Cockroach, Murder, and Vampires...Oh, My!

It's true what they say-troubles come in threes. Monday morning, I woke up with Pink Eye again! Then, my water started coming out of the pipes in bursts. Finally, Br. Harvey brought the couch over that they're giving me (which was great) but, later, a cockroach crawled out of it! Wonderful Stephanie brought me some Borax and Raid (for the roach) and Carpet cleaner (for the couch) and I spent the rest of the night cleaning.

Tuesday was Jane's Birthday and she invited me over to her house for a celebration. I followed Denise there after work (Jane is in my Branch and I work with her sister, Denise). It was so much fun! They have a big family and I met all but one sister. I tried more new food-I ate okra and crab gumbo with hot wings.

Thursday, I was upstairs at work, when Amy received the library's shipment of Breaking Dawn! She paged Sarah, our Children's Librarian, who is apparently obsessed with the Twilight Saga. Amy opened the box, and since I was already there, I beat Sarah and was the first person to hold a copy…Isn't that cool?! I got to see and hold the book before it was even available to the public! A nice perk to being a librarian…

Thursday night my Branch had an Adult Activity. It was a Murder Mystery Dinner. It was set in Hawaii, so we all wore lais and ate pulled pork, fruit, and pineapple cake. Each person got a clue, and each table was a team. We could ask the suspects certain questions and at the end, we had to determine who killed Winnie, the hula girl. It was probably the best church activity I have ever been to!
The Comeauxs and Linda


The Cottons


Lonnie and Tina


Friday night, at midnight, Sarah and I met at Wal-Mart and bought the first available copies of Stephenie Meyers' Breaking Dawn! I bought a copy to surprise Stephanie with. It was fun-they had a table set up front, right when you walk in the door, with stickers and buttons. Warning to all those reading it: Do not cheat and read the end first (Mom, this means you!!!)

So, Saturday morning I stopped at the Davis' to drop off Stephanie’s present and they invited me to go to Baton Rouge with them. I promise I didn't plan on spending another Saturday with them, it just kind of happened that way! Stephanie says as far as she’s concerned, I can just spend every weekend with them, but I don’t want to wear out my welcome! Anyway, I love Baton Rouge! We, of course, went to see the temple. It beautiful (Elyse and M, do you remember the Memphis temple? It looks just like that one, but even smaller). It’s right next to our Stake Center, which actually sits higher then the temple. The temple is tucked away in the corner, and I kind of like it that way-very peaceful.
We then went shopping. Stephanie wanted to show me Whole Foods Market, which she got addicted to in California (Elyse, did you ever go to one of those?). They have specialty foods, restaurants, and bakeries. I could have spent hours in there wandering up and down the aisles and sampling the food. Then, we went to the mall. Finally, we had a late lunch/early dinner at the China King Buffet (which the Davis' discovered because it’s in an old Red Lobster Restaurant!) It was good (Daddy, guess what I ate-biscuits, or Sweet Donuts, as they call them down here) and I saw my first crawfish!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Lonnie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sooooo ... what did you think of the book?!?!?! Come to our book blog (http://booksrockoursocks.blogspot.com/) and join our discussion. I want to know what others thought - it's driving me crazy :)

Anonymous said...

What did you think of the book? I read it all day Sunday, and only stopped for church, & food. I LOVED IT!!!!!