Friday, August 22, 2008

Berrett Sibling Vacation

Note: I wrote this last Friday, but didn't get it posted until today...My pictures won't load, so I'll try and add them later!

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've written, but I've been busy! First, the best news…For those of you who haven't heard, Elyse got a permanent job at a Radiology Clinic in Manhattan. Now she's an official New Yorker!!!!

Last week, I flew to Florida and met my siblings for vacation. It was so good to see Elyse, M, and Tedi! We spent a couple of days in Fort Lauderdale hitting the beaches. First, we went to Pompano Beach and swam. The water was perfect, and I actually got in and swam around and played. Then, we went walking along the waterways and the Fort Lauderdale Beach. Finally, we went to Hollywood Beach to see a concert.

Then, the next couple of days, we went to Port Everglades and got on the Royal Empress and took a cruise to the Bahamas. I was disappointed in the cruise, itself (the boat was old and small and there was nothing to do-I like Carnival much better), but Nassau was fun! We took a tour of the city, including Paradise Island and the Atlantis Hotel. After lunch, we were going to go find a beach and swim, but it started to rain, so we just shopped in the Straw Market. It was pouring, and Tedi and I had fun running through the flooded streets to get back to the ship (and laughing at people who lost their flip flops in the water!)

We got back to Florida and spent our last two days in Orlando doing Disney World (Thanks to Rob and Lucille for letting us get in for free!) It was crazy doing 4 parks in 2 days…we didn't get to do everything I wanted to (like Space Mountain). However, we got pretty much everything else! We did Everest and the Safari at Animal Kingdom, Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM (which is no longer MGM, but Disney's Hollywood Studios), and finally, Test Track and Mission Space at Epcot. We topped it all off with the Illumination fireworks around the World Showcase. Beautiful!!!

I flew home Sunday, got home Sunday night, went to bed, and then had to get up Monday to go to work-I was exhausted!!!!

No comments: