Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This Blog is Dedicated to Jill...

In response to Jill's concern about my well-being (You haven't written on your blog for months, are you okay? :-) I'm writing this blog just for her...

Yes, I am alive and kickin' Since school started in August, I have been teaching Early Morning Seminary. I get up at 4 am, get to the Church by 5:30 am to set up, and teach class from 6-7 am. Then, I run home, change clothes, and go to work. After working an 8-hour day, I go home, eat dinner, and stretch. Finally, I prepare my lesson for the next day and I try to be in bed by 9 pm...I feel like I'm on a mission, but I still have to squeeze in everyday things, too.

Speaking of missions, I've been sitting in on the missionary discussions with my friend, Sarah. It is such a neat experience!

I do make time for other things, too. One of my students, Andrew, plays football, and every other Thur. I got to his home games. I love it. I'd forgotten how fun high school football games are :-)

I accomplish a lot on my lunch breaks (run errands, visit with friends, do emails, blogs :-) and my weekends are packed...

For example, I really enjoyed Conference the first weekend of this month. Elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon really touched me (that's what we're studying in Seminary right now.)

I spent this past weekend in Baton Rouge. I went to a Seminary Training Meeting and then I stayed and did a Temple Session. It was really nice.

Happy News: My friend Tara is getting married on Nov. 28th and I'm flying to Utah for the wedding. Which means, I'll be home for Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see everyone.

I've got to get back to work...
Love, Lonnie

2 comments:

Anderson Avenue said...

Yay! We were getting a little worried about you! But now we know you are just SOOOOO BUSY! Glad you are ok and that things are going well.

Sarah said...

Yea, a new blog post! It's fun to hear about all the stuff you're doing.