Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!

For the first time this season, we are having cool weather! Yea! It feels so refreshing and nice...I hope it lasts.

This is a picture of mist rising off the Bayou in the morning, before work.


The kids at the library are suppose to create pumpkins out of Storybook Characters. This is Sarah's example (She did the Princess and the Pea). And here's one of my favorites, Charlie Brown, submitted by Dr. Jack Ferry:

Last Saturday, I went to Lake Charles, which is about 2 hours west of me, for a Genealogy Conference. I went with Linda, one of my co-workers. We had fun visiting on the way over, and getting lost in downtown! The conference was held in the beautiful Civic Center, on the shores of the lake.

Ms. Linda posing on the balcony over Lake Charles.


Below is the Lake Charles Alligator. He has everything Lake Charles is known for painted on his body. I just thought it was cool.

At work, Monday and Tues., we trained on Polaris, our new library system, which will replace Dynix. I'm excited-it's a Window based system and I think it will be much more user friendly for both our patrons and our staff.

I spent the rest of the week, trying to play catch-up and get all the ILL books processed and cleared off my desk that have been piling up.

I spent this whole last weekend at Church. Friday Night our Branch had a Halloween Carnival and I helped out at the Prize Booth. I have never seen so many kids in so many cute costumes. It was crazy chaos! Then the Relief Society had a Super Saturday Craft Day. We made items to give away for the holidays. Here's a picture of me with my friends, Nicole and Stephanie. We had lunch and then, we had a Baptism that afternoon. It was really nice. Finally, on Sunday, we had our Primary Program. I wish I was still in Primary, so I could have been up there, singing with the kids. They did an awesome job though!

And now, it's just another Manic Monday... :-) I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: