Saturday, February 7, 2009

The end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one...

Hey Everyone!

Last weekend was a full weekend. On Saturday, I finally got my dinning room table. Jared and Stephanie came over in the morning and helped me put it together. I like it! Then, that afternoon Garth came over. The weather was perfect, so we decided to go to the park and walk around. I even got to swing on the swings! :-). That night, we went to Mike and Tina's for Game Night. We played "The Settlement", which I've played once a couple of years ago. Have any of you ever played it? It seems pretty complicated, until you get a hang of all the rules!

Sunday, Tina invited me over after church. We went for a drive and she gave me the grand tour of Franklin, which is a 1/2 an hour south of me. They have some beautiful antebellum homes. When Mike got home, we watched the Super Bowl and pigged out on chips and dip, and cookie dough! The game was okay (I was rooting for Arizona), but the commercials were boring this year. I did like all the movie trailers. It looks like there's some good stuff coming out in the next couple of months.

Monday, Stephanie invited Garth and I to dinner and Family Home Evening. The Cottons were also there, so we had a full house! Dinner was delicious (manicotti) and FHE was nice. We had a lesson and watched the DVD "Finding Faith in Christ."


Well, I lost a boyfriend and found a roommate all in one day (Wednesday). First the roommate-There is a girl that I work with at the library, named Candice, that I just absolutely love. She's so fun to be around-always happy and excited. She's been working at Main this week for Ms. Melva and I asked her where she lived and she said, "Coteau". Then, I asked if she had an apartment and she said that she had moved back in with her parents during the summer. Candice said, "Why, are you looking for a roommate?" and I said, "As a matter of fact, I am." She going to come look at the apartment tomorrow and we're going to see if it will work for both of us.
Now, the boyfriend-All I'm going to say is that after dating for 2 months, Garth and I broke up on Wednesday. If anyone needs details, you can call me. I feel good about the decision though-I'm content and at peace.

On that note...I love and miss you all! 'Til next time...
Lonnie




1 comment:

Anderson Avenue said...

Oh I didn't know he was your BOYFRIEND! I am sorry that you broke up but I am glad that you are ok with it!