Saturday, January 24, 2009

January's Flying By!

Hey, I hope everyone is doing well! Let's see, what have I been up to...

Last week, I started teaching computer classes again. This month, and next month, I'll be at the Lydia Library. It's a beautiful little library-I wouldn't mind working there! I also went to a Statewide Staff Training Day in Baton Rouge, with the Director and Assistant Director. It was a fun day and I learned a lot. They fed us po-boys for lunch (they were good, but not as good as Bon Creole's!)

I spent last weekend dog-sitting Chopper for Stephanie. Her and Rosie had to fly to Utah for a funeral and Jared had gone hunting. Garth came over and hung out on Saturday. We worked on the puzzle, watched a movie, and then, for dinner, I showed him how to make chicken pillows. We were laughing because I was making a mess, but they turned out great and Garth liked them.

I had Monday off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so I spent the day cleaning my apartment and then I went furniture shopping. Back in December, Elyse had said she wanted to buy me a dinning table for Christmas, but that I had to go pick out something I liked. Well, I just haven't had time to go look before now, so it's a belated present! I found a dinning room set that I liked and ordered it. It will come in next week.

Last night, we had a "Winter Fun" Branch Activity. We had dinner (everyone brought different kinds of soups and stews, I had homemade chili and a tortilla soup that were delicious!). Then, they had a bunch of different games-relay race to build a snowman, getting off an iceberg, and pictionary). I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't stay for all the games, but it was fun!

Well, I've gotta run. I love and miss you all!
Lonnie

No comments: