Monday, January 12, 2009

Dogs, Football, and Stake Conference

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well! The past week was pretty quiet. I did go to the movies with the sisters in the Branch. We saw "Marley and Me." I laughed, I cried, I loved it! It made me want to go read all of his books…

The weekend before last was crazy. There was a PHI crash that killed 8 people flying out to the rigs. Then, the Jeanerette Branch of our library was robbed 3 times! On a good note, U. of Utah came down and played in the Sugar Bowl. We whipped Alabama's butt. Mike is a die hard Utes fans, so he and Tina went to New Orleans to see the game and they said it was a blast.

This past weekend was our Stake Conference. Saturday night, I drove over in the worst weather possible (I was driving blind the whole way!) for the Adult Session. It was wonderful. We watched a clip of "Reflections of the Savior", which is going to be on exhibit at our Stake Center in February. Set to "Come Thou Fount", it moved me. The talks were good and seemed just for me. Then, Sunday, we watched a broadcast from Salt Lake. Sis. Beck, Elder Holland, and President Uchtdorf spoke to us.

I've got to run-I hope you all have a great week!
Lonnie

No comments: