Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Mardi Gras!

What a week! We had Sunday Dinner and Game Night at the Davis'. Then, Monday night we went to the Cotton's for dinner and Family Home Evening.

Tuesday was Mardi Gras and I had the day off. I went to get my hair cut, and then was planning on going to the Family Parade in Loreauville, but I ended up waiting 2 hours to get my hair done, and by the time I left, it was too late to drive to Loreauville! So, instead, I went home, made homemade pizza and watched a movie. It was a nice, relaxing day.

Wednesday, it was back to work and back to crazy! I had my last computer class in Lydia (I really enjoyed teaching in Lydia.) Next week, I begin teaching classes in Loreauville. On Friday, I finished the New York puzzle that I've been working on for the last month, and I also finished listening to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I love listening to Jim Dale-he is amazing!)

I broke my glasses on Monday, so I made an eye doctor's appointment for this morning. My vision hasn't changed much and the doctor said I can go back to wearing contacts. I'm going to try a new brand for a week and see how it goes. I also found a cute pair of glasses to buy, so I'm happy! Finally, I ventured to Lafayette (braving the crazy traffic-I'm glad I don't live there!) and spent the afternoon wandering around the Mall of Acadiana (I hadn't been there before-it's nice-I like it!) and Barnes and Noble (I was tempted to buy so many books, but I just spent $400-on the eye doctor, new glasses, and new contacts-so I definitely don't need to be spending any more money!) Elyse, I thought of you when I got Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

Well, I better run. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Love you all! Til later...Lonnie

No comments: