Saturday, December 20, 2008

Going Home!

Hola my friends!

Just a quick note...I had so much fun on Wednesday-I went to Baton Rouge to the Scholastic Warehouse to pick out books for the library. I rode with Sarah and we listened to Breaking Dawn while driving over and back. We stopped at the New York Bagel for lunch. I'd never been there before and I thought of Elyse the whole time because all the sandwiches have a New York name and there are black and white photos of Manhattan all over the walls. We took the Highland exit and drove through the LSU campus (I love it!), where I saw the Elders walking, and then past multimillion dollar homes, all decked out for Christmas (beautiful!), and past the Temple (even more beautiful!). We then spent the next 3 hours cruising up and down the isles for books.


Then, that night the staff at my apartment complex had their annual Cajun Christmas Gumbo. They had the the office all decked out with a tree and we all got door prizes (I got a beautiful glass picture frame) and we feasted on chicken and sausage gumbo and strawberry shortcake. The pictures are of Colby, my apartment manager, and the Elders (about), who also live in my complex. It was fun.




This past week I've felt like I've lived in a snow globe! New Iberia is covered in a blanket of fog that won't go away. I like it, it's all misty and dark. It's also been hot-in the 80s-and I've had to sleep with the fan on again.

I'm going from this wonderful tropical weather, to the dry cold climate of Utah-I'm flying home this afternoon-Yea! It's the first time I've been home since I moved six months ago.
Happy Holidays!
Lonnie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have an awesome time with your family!!! Merry Christmas!