Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Utah

Note: This was written last week, but I didn't have a change to post until now...

After snowing all day, it was nice and clear when I flew into Salt Lake City the Saturday before Christmas. Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport and we got home around 11 pm. It was good to be home!

On Sunday, I went to Church with my family. Afterwards, we drove to Mantua so I could visit with my Grandma B at Aunt Randa"s. Then, we drove to Brigham City, where we had the Searle Family Christmas Party. It was good to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We ate dinner and watched "The Nativity Story."

It snowed all day Monday and Tedi and I braved the roads to go Christmas shopping. It was nice to spend the day with her.

Tuesday, I had Dad drop me off to visit with the library ladies and then Tedi picked me up and we met Dad for lunch at Subway. Tuesday night, we ordered pizza and M wanted to go see the movie "Yes Man" for his birthday.

Wednesday dawned sunny and clear. Dad and I went for a walk and visited some neighbors. Then we made some toffee and sugar cookies. Dad had to run to Brigham, so we met Mom for lunch at Wendy's and then went to a matinee movie "The Tales of Despereaux." Mom and Dad fell asleep and I was fighting to keep my eyes open! We went home, turned on some Christmas music, and spent the rest of the afternoon decorating cookies. Christmas Eve was M's 19th Birthday, so we took him to have Chinese for dinner and then he opened presents.

We had two storms come through and it snowed all Christmas Day. We had breakfast and called Elyse to wish her a Merry Christmas. Then, we filed in the parlor to see what Santa had left us. I got a nice rain jacket (to keep me dry during hurricane season!). We took family pictures and then M and I went snowmobiling. The snow was so heavy and wet! I had so much fun, I didn't want to go in yet, so I decided to build a snowman and then I plopped down and made a snow angel. I was laying there in the snow, looking up at the sky thinking that life was just about perfect! It was a magical moment…

We spent the rest of the day watching movies and playing games, eating way to much food, and shoveling the driveway before the next storm blew in! It was a fun, relaxing day with my family.

Friday Mom had to take Tedi to the doctors in Brigham and Dad had to get his truck fixed, so I rode along and went to visit my friend Tara. It was good to visit. After grabbing a bite to eat at Dixie Grill, I went home and packed. We decided to go to Salt Lake that night, instead of leaving at 3 in the morning to go to the airport (I had to been there at 5 am). We left at 5 pm and stopped in Brigham so I could say goodbye to my grandparents. While there, I realized that I had left my carry-on bag with my money and id at home! So, Dad had Tedi meet him in Sardine Canyon. We finally left Brigham at 6 pm. The freeway was pure ice-I've never seen it so bad! We didn't reach my Aunt McKell's, in South Jordan, until almost 9 o'clock. We had a nice turkey dinner and than I went to bed.

I was up by 3:30 am and we left for the airport at 4:30. After a 4 hour layover in Atlanta, GA (my flight was delayed) I got home at 6 pm. Stephanie and Lalunie (Jared's sister) came and picked me up and I had dinner with the Davis' and got to meet the rest of Jared's family.

I finally went home and when I walked in my bedroom there was a bed! I had figured out that Stephanie was planning on buying me a mattress, but not a whole bed set! When I called her she said it was from her and Jared, Mom and Dad, and Grandpa Bill. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me…it made me cry.
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a safe and happy New Year!

Lonnie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's so sweet about them buying you a bed! Your time with your family sounds so wonderful!