Saturday, September 20, 2008

Slowly Getting Back to Normal

Well, it's been a week since Ike hit. I was lucky, besides the power going off a couple of times, and tornado warnings in effect all night, I didn't get any damage. However, that being said, 13,000 homes were flooded and a lot of businesses were destroyed just to the south and west of me.

FEMA came to town and we had a couple work from the library. I had calls all week from patrons that lost library materials in floods, fires, ect. I feel for these people that have lost their homes and their jobs (most, if not all, of the oil-rigs off-shore were destroyed).

Wal-Mart finally got their shelves restocked, after being pretty bare for 2 weeks, and I finally got to go buy milk and butter...(One of the many things I've learned during all this is that shortening is a poor substitute for butter and that I can drink powdered milk if I really have too! :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that I'm okay.

'Til next week!
Lonnie

No comments: