Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hurricane Aftermath

This morning, I stayed with Rosie at the hotel while Stephanie and Jared took the truck and went to see if they could get back into New Iberia. They were gone for about 5 hours, but finally made it back, cold, wet, and hungry. They got into New Iberia and they said that the power is still out and a lot of the roads are flooded, but all in all, things are looking pretty good. We're thinking that we'll be able to go back tomorrow!



Stephanie took my camera and got some pictures for me.


Jefferson Terrace, the road that runs along the side of my apartment.
My apartment parking lot

The Wal-Mart behind my house, all boarded up and closed.




The library on Main Street and some damage on East Main.



Flooding on Center Street

Stephanie stopped by my apartment and she says that everything looks good. I'm on the second floor, so I didn't get flooded and none of my windows broke, so I'm very fortunate.
All is well!
Lonnie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow, Lonnie! I just read like 4 of your posts. Yikes! I'm so glad you (and your apartment) are okay!! Good thing you had a 72 hour kit, eh? And your vacation with your siblings sounds like a blast!

Deliliah said...

I thought about you during the hurricane and wondered how you were. I so glad that you are fine and your apartment didn't get flooded. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in an area of hurricanes. I've never seen a clossed a Wal-Mart. I'm glad you posted pictures of the road and after effects of the hurricane. Take care