Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Fun!

I had the best Birthday! Stephanie and Rosie brought me balloons at work.
Then, Barbara picked my up and took me to lunch. We feasted on all-you-can-eat pizza at Gatti's. That afternoon, we had the Kumbuka African Drum and Dance Collective come and do a program at the library. It was fun...I love the drums! After work, I went to Catherine's for FHE and Barbara showed up with a gigantic cookie she had made and they sang "Happy Birthday" :-) Barbara, you are a sweetheart!

When I got home, I had a package from Elyse. She had sent me a snow globe from Barcelona and these beautiful carved wood bookends (they were literally books with elephants carved out of them :-) from Kenya.
Then, my mom called and gave me the good news that they got an offer on their house (it's been up for sell for a year now!). Finally, Elyse called and informed me that she's serving on a jury for the New York Supreme Court. How exciting!

No comments: