Monday, March 23, 2009

1, 2, 3 Babies!

The following was supposed to be posted last Monday, so the news is a 2 weeks old-Sorry!

Grandpa Bill is now officially a Grandpa! His son and daughter in law had a baby girl last Monday. Bill got back from Huston and we went and out to Sicily's to celebrate.

Apparently my family also had an eventful week. I found out that Mom was in a car wreck. She's fine, but they say the car is totaled. It was snowing and she got sideswiped by another car. As for good news, M got a job! He's a maintenance worker at the new Marriott Hotel in Logan. Yeah!

Wednesday, Candice invited me to lunch and we went to Duffy's Diner. It's a fun old 50s diner with jukeboxes and all the waitresses wear poodle skirts. They have deep fried corn on the cob and fried okra, along with other yummy things. I had the daily special, which was a poboy and fries. It was my first experience with spicy ketchup (made by Tabasco, of course) and I liked it…Ketchup with a kick!

For some reason, I woke up late on Thursday and had to fight to stay awake all day. I got home just as Linda, my V.T. partner, came to pick me up and we went to visit some ladies. I didn't get back until after 8 pm…It was a long day.

Friday, I finished the last book in the Underland Chronicles. They're written by Suzanne Collins, the same author who wrote The Hunger Games…I love all of her books-they're amazing!

Today's Post (3/23/2009):
Last week was another crazy week. My director, Kathy had her baby on Monday!

Tuesday night was our Relief Society Birthday Party. The theme was Becoming an 8 Cow Woman. We went around to different stations such as Cash Cow (learning about finances) and Holy Cow (ways to do family scripture study), etc. It was so fun!

Friday, I stayed up and met Candice at Wal-Mart for the Twilight Release Party at Midnight. I got home, slept for 3 hours, and then got back up to get ready to go to Baton Rouge. Stephanie and I drove over together. We had a Training Meeting at the Stake Center, and afterwards, we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. It was the first time I've been to Cold Stone and I had the Cookie Doughn't You Want Some:-) It was good. Our friend Denise called and said she was in labor, so Stephanie went to see her at the hospital in Lafayette and I got Rosie and watched her for the rest of the day.

Three baby girls in three weeks!

Gotta Run...Love You All!
Lonnie

No comments: